This month we're talking about gratitude and I'm very grateful for the opportunity to spend time each week with your children. They are creative, curious, full of enthusiasm, funny and kind! I know as I've raised my own children, it has been wonderful to hear other people tell me good things about them, so I want you all to know what a great job you're doing with your own children. It's obvious they have been loved, guided and taught. Every time we meet, they surprise me with songs, stories and facts that they have learned at home that pertain to the subject we're discussing. So here's to you, the fabulous, committed, loving parents everywhere who sacrifice sleep, money and sometimes a little sanity to raise the next generation.
At preschool we:
- learned about the sound "V" van, vacuum, vegetables, violin
- made a turkey from an apple, marshmallows and toothpicks
- took a "Gratitude Walk"
- read "My book of Thanks", "Picking Apples and Pumpkins" (a Clifford the big red dog book) and "Grover's book of Cute Baby Animals"
- baked cookies for snack time
- played "Hide turkey hide" and "Turkey Strut"
- learned some Thanksgiving themed finger plays and songs ie. Mr. Turkey, big and fat, I'm going to eat you just like that.
- learned "The Turkey Dance"
- ate broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, apples, grapes and pomegranate seeds for snack on Tuesday
Miss Cindy teaches preschool for those in West Boise, Eagle, and Meridian.