Thank you all for being willing to switch days this last week. Tuesday was a wonderful reunion with almost our entire family at the airport, many hugs and kisses, a big meal together and lots of catching up. I hope your holidays are filled with family, friends, good food, warm fires and maybe some snow. :) We will resume school on Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2011.
Here's what we did Dec. 15th and 16th. We:
- learned the "p" sound as in panda, pencil, pig, penguin, purple and pink
- made a page for our alphabet book
- decorated Christmas cookies (you might not have seen them, because most of the kids ate them immediately)
- completed our salt dough ornaments
- practiced writing our letters in shaving cream (in case you wondered why their hands smelled like men's cologne)
- sang "Ring, ring, ring the bells", "Guess who's beard is long and white", "We wish you a Merry Christmas", "Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer" "Once there was a snowman" and "Jingle bells"
- read "Horton Hears a Who" and "Christmas Mice" to follow our theme of compassion.
- completed the count down to Christmas Santa.
- practiced cutting by making strips for a construction paper chain.
- practiced shapes and colors (circle, oval, rectangle, triangle, square, star, heart, red, blue, yellow, green, orange, brown, purple).
- learned how to play dominoes with Toy Story III pictures on them
Miss Cindy teaches 3 and 4 year olds in West Boise, ID.