- learned about INSECTS! Ask you child how many legs an insect has and how many body parts.
- learned the letter "g" and made a goat page for our alphabet book
- made grasshoppers (PM class completed them, AM class will finish on Tuesday)
- sang "The ants go marching", and "The first grasshopper"
- read "Snow is Falling", "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and "The Ant and the Grasshopper"
- talked about the stages of "metamorphosis" of a caterpillar.
- cocooned ourselves in towels and became butterflies.
- ate grasshopper legs for snack time on Thursday and "Ants on a Log" on Tuesday.
- practiced measuring volume at our new rice table.
- used 3" pieces of yarn (the size of most grasshoppers) to compare larger and smaller objects in the classroom.
- used our new foam letter puzzle to spell words with our feet and find the letters in our names.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Happy New Year 2011
It's 2011 and we had a fun, full, first week back to school. We: