1. read "Harold's purple crayon" and "Quick as a Cricket"
2. learned the "L" sound as in lions, lambs, leaves, lollipops, and ladybugs.
3. learned the stages of a ladybugs life and did leaf rubbings (PM class only)
4. made ladybugs and counted the spots on their wings.
5. learned the song "I'm a mean old witch".
6. played a memory game where they had to match pictures of Halloween things.
7. played a matching game with Halloween candy.
8. built towers from marble works and talked about gravity.
9. played charades.
We had our first SUPERSTAR of the WEEK in our PM class, because she has a birthday coming up. I'll send you an email when it's your child's turn to be the SUPERSTAR, but here's what you can look forward to. They bring a poster or pictures of them as babies and growing up. It can highlight their hobbies and interests. We read their favorite book. Our SUPERSTAR'S favorite book this week was "Franklin's Halloween" and she baked cupcakes to share with her class. It was a great hit in our class and I can't wait for everyone else to have a turn.